no-egg butterscotch chip cookies: i can't get enough of you



Sometimes things just come to you without even trying or searching. New opportunities, new friends, old friends or new things to discover. This past year has been one big learning experience for me and I couldn't be happier. 

Today is Thanksgiving and even though I don't really celebrate it, I have many things to be thankful for. In fact, I try to be thankful everyday for everything that I have in my life. 


I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without the constant support of my family and friends. They encourage me to take risks and live my life without any regrets. It's not always easy but it's better than the alternative of giving up. 


And that just isn't an appealing option to me. Sometimes I'm not sure if I can do it, but I know that even if I don't get something right away, eventually I'll get it with practice. 

So I'm thankful for lots of things. One of which is these cookies, which, by the way are probably one of the best cookies I have ever tasted. I'm calling them almost vegan because the butterscotch chips that I got contain dry milk but you can easily put raisins or nuts instead. But I personally think that butterscotch makes them extra tasty.

I'm not vegan but I thought these cookies were really interesting and easy to make. And they are gooooood. Really. Really good. In fact, they're already finished because no one could resist them, so I guess I'll just have to make more! That doesn't seem like a problem to me. 


(Almost) Vegan Pumpkin Butterscotch cookies

Yields about 4 dozen cookies
Ingredients
1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or home-made)
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger (optional)
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips

Procedure

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lay parchment or a Silpat mat on two cookie sheets.

In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. In a seperate bowl, beat the sugar, oil, molasses, pumpkin and vanilla until very well combined. Add dry ingredients to oil in 2 batches, mixing just until combined. Fold in butterscotch chips.

Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheets. Don't worry about placing them too close to each other because they don't spread very much. Bake for about 15 minutes until edges are starting to turn golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.

Comments

  1. OH MY GOD... so delicious. They were fantastic, easy, and a total hit! Everybody loved 'em! Thanks for this awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts