sprinkle brownie pops: stick(y) fun


I'm not sure what it is, but lately I've been drawn to comfort food as if I'm afraid of trying something new. Even when it comes to desserts, I keep gravitating towards what I know best and can rely on.

Like these amazing brownies that I've made time and time again. Yes, I could try making a different kind, but sometimes I think, why mess with something perfect?

It's not that I'm actually afraid of trying something different, I think it just goes back to that laziness. Sometimes I go through these phases of being unproductive, but that usually comes to an end as soon as I notice what I'm missing out on. But I still believe that the tried and true are usually the best. So instead of laziness, let's call it "extensive product testing for constant consumer happiness", as in: what I know won't let me down. 


I hope you're not thinking that it's always going to be this way. No no, there are heaps of recipes that I want to try. In fact, I just went apple picking, which means...apple pie, apple cake, apple strudel, apple sauce...apples apples apples! Oh yes, this is my favorite time of the year so get ready for a lot of apples, and I'll probably throw a couple of pumpkins in there too for good measure.

So as I mentioned, these brownies are incredible, but this time I decided to make brownie pops - large brownie pops. I dipped them in chocolate and covered with sprinkles. So sweet, but so delicious and just perfect with a nice bowl of frozen yogurt. Now excuse me while I wipe all the chocolate off of my mouth.



Procedure

Make this recipe or your favorite recipe for brownies. After baked, leave to cool completely then remove from pan and place in freezer about one hour. Cut into squares or rectangles with a large chef's knife. 

Depending on the size of your brownies, stick an appropriately-sized popsicle stick into each brownies and place on a baking sheet. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile melt about 500 grams (1 lb) of chocolate (any flavour you want) until smooth. I like to pour it into a tall glass and dip the pops half way into the chocolate. Place on the baking sheet and immediately put sprinkles on top before chocolate hardens. Continue with others. If chocolate begins to thicken up, just warm it up a little again.

There you go! Super simple and super cute brownie pops! 


Comments

  1. the photos are amazing! and I am drooling.

    who's holding the brownie pop?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take one, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Why mess with perfection? These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are these?!?! I love things on a stick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts