specialty cakes for young and old


It rained yesterday. The rainbow-making kind of rain. Just for a few minutes, before the sun even had enough time to sneak away. A little refreshment on a hot day.

At least, I think it was hot. With my oven on in a not-so-well-ventilated apartment, it tends to get a little warm in here. Like, really warm. But at least I have my little balcony to escape out onto for a little fresh air.


And what a sight my little garden is turning into. Cherry tomatoes, chives, basil, parsley, lavender and lots of pretty pink flowers. Oh and in my parents' backyard? Rhubarb. Yes, pretty soon I will be putting rhubarb in everything...so watch out!

I love May. Not quite summer yet but just warm enough to start wearing shorts and skirts. It's been quite the busy month for me, with a local charity event and cake orders. I've barely had any time to show you some of them. 

These are a couple of demo cakes that I designed for the event. I absolutely love the simplicity of the white flower with the gold button and leaves. And who doesn't love unicorns and bows? Too cute!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with smiles and sunshine.



Comments

Popular Posts