custom cakes and goodies: wedding, anniversary and birthday cakes



I've been meaning to post some of the most recent cakes that I've made, but quite frankly, I forgot. The wedding cake was for the same couple who's engagement cake I had made a little while back. They wanted a very simple design like their engagement cake. It was so hot that weekend that the fondant was shiny as soon as I took it out of the fridge!

 


I also made a really fun cake for my friend's birthday party that was marble chocolate and vanilla with praline buttercream. It's a nice big frothy mug of beer with pretzels and peanuts! My favorite part was definitely making the wood grain effect on the board. So great!

The last cake was for my brother and sister-in-law's 5th wedding anniversary. I made a chocolate cardamom spice cake with honey buttercream. They prefer simple designs so I created this flower and feather look all in white. I enjoyed making the flower and am anxious to learn how to make lots of other models of flowers.

Let me know what you think!


Comments

  1. That beer cake is awesome! How did you create the wood grain effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these cakes look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    Suzanne: I'll try and do a tutorial next time I make this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog, I will keep visiting this blog very often. custom cakes nyc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts